Performing engineering design and (stress, thermal & fatigue) analysis to codes including AWS, API and ASME (B&PV, Piping and BTH) – ensuring structural integrity of pressure vessels, piping, heat exchangers and other process equipment.
Whether it requires closed-form Design-By-Rule methods (ASME Section VIII Division 1) or finite element analysis and Design-By-Analysis (ASME Section VIII Division 2) – we have extensive experience in design, analysis and optimization, maximizing equipment reliability and controlling costs for owner-users.
- Design and Analysis of Pressure Vessels, Heat Exchangers and Process Equipment
- ASME B&PV Code Design and Analysis of Feedwater Heater
- ASME Power & Process Equipment (B31.1 & B31.3) Analysis
- Heat Transfer & Thermal/ Transient Analysis of Equipment
- Optimal Design for Weight, Strength and Durability
- Stress & Seismic Analysis of Skids and Related Equipment
- Vibration and Fatigue Analysis of Components including Bellows
O’Donnell Consulting Engineers performed the design and stress analysis of elevated temperature / pressure vessels. One particular vessel had a specification to a no-leak condition. The challenge was to attach the hemispherical head to the shell without causing distortions, due to temperature differences. We thus designed a series of clamps to seal the two pieces together.
To see more of the projects we’ve worked on, see Portfolio.
- ASME Design & Analysis – Section VIII Div. 1, 2 and 3
- ASME Analysis – (B31.1 Power & B31.3 Process Piping)
- ASME Design & Analysis – (Below the Hook) BTH-1 & B30.20
- NBIC, API, ANSI, ASTM, AWS, MIL
- AISC, IBC, ISO, AWWA, AAR +
- International Codes including DIN, BSI
Additional Engineering Analysis Services
- Finite Element Analysis – FEA benefits include improved schedules and decreased project costs by reducing design uncertainties, fabrication costs, and the time/effort costs of physical testing.
- Elevated Temperature Design & Analysis
- Design & Analysis of Perforated Plates
- Vibration/ Seismic Analysis – Response spectrum analysis and time history analysis
- Linear and non-linear large deformation dynamic analysis
- Limit and collapse load analysis
- Fracture Mechanics Analysis – In accordance with ASME Code Sections III and XI
- Fatigue Analysis – To ASME Boiler & Pressure Vessel Code
- Pressure Vessels
- Heat Exchangers
Engineering Design & Analysis Related Links
>> Tom O’Donnell, PE
>> Finite Element Analysis
>> Elevated Temperature Design & Analysis
>> Portfolio of Engineering Projects
>> Introduction to Fatigue Analysis
Learn from the experience of others. Especially when one such “other” is Dr. William O’Donnell, PhD, PE, Founder and President of O’Donnell Consulting Engineers, Inc., and ASME “Engineer of the Year” – his 50 years of experience in analysis of components including fatigue and fracture safety evaluations and failure analyses are now comprised in this volume.
If you are interested learning more in Engineering Design, Manufacturing and Construction, as well as Failure Analysis, then this book is a must have!
* Does not include shipping, handling or tax