Performing engineering design and (stress, thermal & fatigue) analysis to codes including AWS, API and ASME (B&PV, Piping and BTH) – ensuring structural integrity of pressure vessels, heat exchangers and other process equipment.
Whether it requires closed-form Design-By-Rule methods (such as ASME Section VIII Division 1) or finite element analysis and Design-By-Analysis (such as ASME Section VIII Division 2) – we have extensive experience in the design, analysis and optimization, maximizing equipment reliability and controlling costs for owner-users. A few examples include:
- Design and Analysis of pressure vessels, heat exchangers and Process Equipment
- ASME B&PV Code Design and Analysis of Feedwater Heater
- ASME Power & Process Equipment (B31.1 & B31.3) Analysis
- Heat Transfer & Thermal/ Transient Analysis of Equipment
- Optimal Design for Weight, Strength and Durability
- Stress & Seismic Analysis of Skids and Related Equipment
- Vibration and Fatigue Analysis of Components including Bellows
O’Donnell Consulting Engineers performed the design and stress analysis of elevated temperature / pressure vessels. One particular vessel had a specification to a no-leak condition. The challenge was to attach the hemispherical head to the shell without causing distortions, due to temperature differences. We thus designed a series of clamps to seal the two pieces together.
- ASME Design & Analysis – Section VIII Div. 1, 2 and 3
- ASME Design & Analysis – (B31.1 Power & B31.3 Process Piping)
- ASME Design & Analysis – (Below the Hook) BTH-1 & B30.20
- NBIC, API, ANSI, ASTM, ASD, AWS Codes
- AISC, IBC, ISO, AWWA, AAR + Codes
- International Codes including DIN, BSI
Additional Engineering Services
- Finite Element Analysis Stress (Elastic and Elastic-Plastic)
- Stress Corrosion Cracking Mitigation
- Design & Analysis of Perforated Plates
- Vibration/ Seismic Analysis – response spectrum analysis and time history analysis
- Linear and non-linear large deformation dynamic analysis
- Limit and collapse load analysis
- Fracture Mechanics analysis in accordance with ASME Code Sections III and XI
- Fatigue Analysis to the ASME Boiler & Pressure Vessel Code
- Pressure Vessels
- Heat Exchangers
Fitness for Service
Troubleshooting, repair and life extension services to codes and standards including API 579 (Fitness-For-Service), NBIC (National Board Inspection Code), API 510 (In-Service Inspection, Rating, Repair), API 570 (Piping Inspection Code: Inspection Repair, and Re-rating of In-service Piping Systems), and API 653 (Tank Inspection, Repair and Reconstruction).
Give us a call – let’s talk about your engineering needs.