Performing engineering design, analysis and troubleshooting to codes including AWS, API and ASME (B&PV, Piping and BTH) – ensuring structural integrity of pressure vessels, heat exchangers and other process equipment.
Whether it requires closed-form Design-By-Rule methods (such as ASME Section VIII Division 1) or finite element analysis and Design-By-Analysis (such as ASME Section VIII Division 2) – we have extensive experience in the design, analysis and optimization, maximizing equipment reliability and controlling costs for owner-users. A few examples include:
- Design and analysis of pressure vessels, heat exchangers and process equipment
- ASME B&PV Code design and analysis of feedwater heater
- ASME Power & Process Equipment (B31.1 & B31.3) analysis
- Heat transfer & thermal transient analysis of equipment
- Optimal design for weight, strength and durability
- Seismic and structural analysis of skids and related equipment
- Vibration and fatigue analysis of components including bellows
O’Donnell Consulting Engineers performed the design and analysis of elevated temperature / pressure vessels. One particular vessel had to operate under a no-leak condition. The challenge was to attach the hemispherical head to the shell without causing distortions, due to temperature differences. We thus designed a series of clamps to seal the two pieces together.
To see more of the projects we have worked on, see Portfolio.
Contact Us to learn more.
- ASME Design & Analysis – Section III Class 1, 2 and 3
- ASME Design & Analysis – Section VIII Div. 1, 2 and 3
- ASME Design & Analysis – (B31.1 Power & B31.3 Process Piping)
- ASME Design & Analysis – (Below the Hook) BTH-1 & B30.20
- NBIC, API, ANSI, ASTM, ASD, AWS Codes
- AISC, IBC, ISO, AWWA, AAR + Codes
- International Codes as DIN, BSI
Additional Engineering Services
- Finite Element Analysis (Elastic and Elastic-Plastic)
- Design & Analysis of Perforated Plates
- Vibration/ Seismic Analysis – response spectrum analysis and time history analysis
- Linear and non-linear large deformation dynamic analysis
- Limit and collapse load analysis
- Fracture Mechanics analysis in accordance with ASME Code Sections III and XI
- Fatigue Analysis to the ASME Boiler & Pressure Vessel Code
- Pressure Vessels
- Heat Exchangers
Fitness for Service
Troubleshooting, repair and life extension services to codes and standards including API 579 (Fitness-For-Service), NBIC (National Board Inspection Code), API 510 (In-Service Inspection, Rating, Repair), API 570 (Piping Inspection Code: Inspection Repair, and Re-rating of In-service Piping Systems), and API 653 (Tank Inspection, Repair and Reconstruction).
Give us a call – let’s talk about your engineering needs.
Design & Analysis Related Links
>> Finite Element Analysis
>> Elevated Temperature Design & Analysis
>> Our Engineering Team
>> Portfolio of Projects
>> History of the ASME Code
>> Introduction to Fatigue Analysis
>> History of Fatigue Analysis
>> Popular Links
>> Link to Codes & Standards