During the delivery of a shipment of resin, damage occurred to a storage tank at a production facility in Southwestern Pennsylvania. The tank damage was apparently the result of tank overpressurization.
O’Donnell Consulting performed a failure analysis of the tank, and determined that overpressurization was due to a “blow-down” following the transfer of resin from transport tanks to the storage tank. We then developed recommendations on how to best repair the vessel.
We perform failure analysis and design of repairs on tanks, reactors, and other process equipment.
– Analysis of Failed Rotary Kiln
– Evaluation of Loads on High Temperature Condensate Tank Nozzles
– ASME B&PV Section VIII Div. 2 Code Analysis of a Feedwater Heater
– Failure Analysis
– Petrochemical Plant Consulting
– Tom O’Donnell, PE
– Background of the ASME Code
– History of the ASME Code