We were requested to performed a structural analysis and remaining life assessment of a turbine shaft on a hydroelectric plant exhibiting flaws. Inspection of the main shaft had detected linear indications at the outer surfaces of the shaft. Elastic fracture mechanics analyses indicated that the existing cracks could propagate to unacceptable levels. A solution was then designed, analyzed, and performed to extend the life of the shaft.
– Assessment of Welding Procedures Used to Attach Appendages to P91 Heavy Wall Pipe
– ASME B&PV Section VIII Div. 2 Code Analysis of a Feedwater Heater
– Power Plant Consulting
– Engineering Troubleshooting
– Materials & Metallurgical Consulting
– Links to Engineering Resources