OCE has developed elevated temperature design criteria which have become part of the ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel (B&PV) Code for nuclear power plant components.
This work included development of methods for fatigue evaluation, ductile failure mode analysis, the inelastic behavior of complex components, and design for cyclic service at elevated temperature. Some of these methods use the results of purely elastic analyses to perform simplified inelastic analysis of structures in elevated temperature service. Design criteria for acceptance of cracks in structural components subjected to cyclic loading at elevated temperature were included.
– Development of Structural Evaluation Criteria for Elbows
– Development of Structural Evaluation Criteria for Bellows
– Elevated Temperature Design & Analysis
– Nuclear Power Plant Consulting
– Publications – Heat Exchangers, Pressure Vessels, Welds and Other Applications, Fatigue, Elevated Temperature