We performed an investigation on a 1-inch diameter stainless steel (SS) ball valve (used in a pipeline) to determine the cause of leaking and failure.
The leaking was caused by deformation of the valve body seat that provided a small leak pathway. We investigated the cause of the various issues with the valve.
Our Team of Engineers performs troubleshooting services on pumps, valves, piping and vessels.
Give us a call to discuss your engineering challenges.
– Failure Analysis On Leaking Nickel Cemented Tungsten Carbide (WC) Pump Seal
– Failure Analysis & Redesign of a Fracking Pump
– Fatigue Analysis on Threads of Base-Ported Pressure Filter
– Engineering Troubleshooting
– Materials/ Metallurgical Consulting
– Tom O’Donnell, PE
– Popular Links
– Links to Engineering Resources