Tom O’Donnell, PhD, PE
Practice Areas: Engineering Design & Analysis, ASME Design & Analysis, Finite Element Analysis, Vibration Analysis, Failure Analysis, Forensic Engineering
Performs complex thermal, structural, vibration, fatigue, creep, failure evaluation, and finite element analysis of equipment including heat exchangers, vessels and refractory materials – to ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel (ASME B&PV) and other Code.
He is an expert in shock and vibration analysis of equipment. His engineering evaluations and expert witness investigations have included:
- Design and analysis of equipment including pressure vessels, heat exchangers, retorts, reactors, condensors, steam dumps, mist eliminators, scrubbers, vibrofluidizers
- Structural analysis per ASCE, ANSI 690, AISC, UBC, IBC and ASME Codes
- Structural design and analysis of equipment including skids, racks, frames, rail car trucks, dynamic brake system resistor bans, power plant circuit breakers
- Shock and vibration analyses and design optimization of machinery and components on shipboard applications.
- Numerous analysis of equipment & components to ASME (American Society of Mechanical Engineers) Boiler & Pressure Code.
- Environmental systems design and analyses.
- Structural and thermal analyses of a 2000 psi steam end for a chemical facility power plant.
- Investigation of a failure of a water tower support leg.
- Stress and fatigue analysis of high temperature bellows for a jet engine test
- Structural analysis of a distillation vacuum tower after damage by a fire.
- Non-linear elastic-plastic analysis of replacement steam generators.
- Structural analyses of condensers and heat exchangers for use on submarines.
- Creep, creep buckling investigations of steel vessels and refractory materials.
- Test program oversight, Project management, and ASME NQA-1 Quality Assurance program oversight.
- Seismic analysis of tanks, vessels and structures.
- Tank evaluations according to API Standards.
- Shock and vibration analyses on structural supports of oily waste systems.
- Missile strike analyses for nuclear reactor vessel head replacement packages.
- Seismic and LOCA evaluations of replacement nuclear plant components.
- Structural reliability and risk assessment analyses of nuclear power plant welds.
- Product design, development, prototyping, analysis, testing and optimization.
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation Tool Prototypes – design, analysis, instrumentation, testing, optimization and procurement.
- Litigation related engineering engineering investigations and testimony.
This is a resume summary – to learn more, please Contact Us.