O'Donnell Consulting Engineers, Inc. was originally founded to meet the specialized needs of the nuclear industry. We have since expanded to offer engineering design, analysis, troubleshooting and forensic services to clients throughout the world in such diverse industries as energy, petrochemical, metals, fabrication, construction, marine, mining, and aerospace. We enjoy technical challenges - from the simple to complex.
Senior Civil Engineer, PE Has more than forty years experience performing standard and special civil and structural engineering services to architects, consulting engineers and contractors.
His experience includes bridge and building designs, tunnel design and support, design of excavation support systems, structure underpinning designs, structure inspection and renovation design development, design of structure foundations, design of sewage plant structures and expert testimony in claims cases. He has also been involved in the design and detailing of bridge rehabilitation schemes and excavation/ utility support systems, and has coordinated the design development for subway systems as well as highway and railroad bridges.
• Allentown Center Square; Allentown, PA – Review of contract documents and construction files to determine liability for additional concrete, steel and masonry work.
• High School; Borough of Lynn, MA – Field investigation and documentation review of cracking of masonry and settlement of a three-story building. Determination of liability for structural and cosmetic damage.
• Marbro Construction; Weirton, WV – Field investigation and documentation review of the structural damage to several buildings alleged to have been caused by a highway contractor.
• Warehouse; Pittsburgh, PA – Condition Inspection of the floor slabs, walls and roof of a 7-story warehouse.
• City of Pittsburgh/Fire Station; Pittsburgh, PA – Structural inspection of a number of existing fire station buildings to determine the condition of concrete engine room floor slabs and calculation of slab capacity to carry new heavier fire engine loads. Design of floor slab strengthening systems and lintel beams over doors that required widening.