ASME Code Section VIII Div. 1 calculations were performed on a primary contactor vessel in service at a refinery.
The contactor vessel, built in 1950, was based on the 1949 Edition of the ASME Code. The evaluation used the original drawing and design specification, as well as measurements of actual dimensions taken in 1994 and 1999.
The results include Maximum Allowable Working Pressures (MAWP) calculated for the original design with a 1/16th corrosion allowance and with zero corrosion allowance for actual measured conditions.
Nozzles, flanges and fittings were all evaluated.
Design Pressure = 643 psi
Design Temperature = 650 F
Shell & Head Materials – A212 Gr. B
Skirt – A285 Gr. C
Base Ring – A283 Gr. C
Forgings – A105 Gr. 1
We perform design and analysis to meet codes including API, AWS and ASME for clients in industries including energy and petrochemical.
– Failure Analysis & Repair – Cracks in Incinerator Recuperator
– Failure Analysis & Redesign of Bio-Gas Vessel
– Investigation of a Rotary Kiln that Failed at Startup
– Petrochemical Plant Consulting
– API 579/ ASME FFS-1 Fitness for Service Evaluations