For the Westinghouse Electric Corporation, Advanced Reactors Division, a method of bounding the accumulated plastic and creep strains in austenitic stainless steel elbows subjected to mechanical and thermal loads at elevated temperatures was derived.
The concept of an elastic core in the wall of the elbow was employed. The analysis included the effect of primary bending and additional secondary elliptical deformation modes characteristic of the behavior of elbows.
– Development of Structural Evaluation Criteria for Bellows
– Elevated Temperature Design Criteria for Nuclear Components
– Nuclear Power Plant Consulting
– Nuclear Power Plant Projects
– Publications – Heat Exchangers, Pressure Vessels, Welds and Other Applications, Fatigue, Elevated Temperature