When ball-type control valves in a reactor coolant system were found to be sticking during low flow testing, we were asked to review the available data, monitor the valve disassembly and inspection, and review the corrective action proposed by the vendor. We recommended a new course of action, which was then adopted, and provided oversight of the valve modification reassembly and reinstallation.
– Assessment of Welding Procedures Used to Attach Appendages to P91 Heavy Wall Pipe
– Failure of Nuclear Thermal Shield Subjected to Flow Induced Vibration
– Engineering Troubleshooting
– Nuclear Power Plant Consulting
– Publications – Heat Exchangers, Pressure Vessels, Welds and Other Applications, Fatigue, Elevated Temperature