O’Donnell Consulting performed ASME Code Section VIII Division 2 calculations on feedwater heaters.
In modelling the heaters, the assumptions included:
• Linear elastic material behavior with small displacements
• The geometry, loading and boundary conditions consistently have one plane of symmetry down the axis of the vessel. Then analyses were completed on a half model of the heater with symmetry boundary conditions applied on the cut boundary. The nozzle was treated as having half symmetry.
• A reduced set of U-tubes was modelled. Properties of the modeled tubes were adjusted to account for the not-modeled tubes.
– Finite Element Analysis of ASTM SA516 Grade 70 Condensate Receiving Tanks
– ASME B31.3 Analysis of a Skid Mounted Heat Transfer System
– Finite Element Analysis
– Links to Engineering Resources