We perform design and structural analysis including thermal, stress, vibration and fatigue analysis. Our work has included:
- Design of pressure vessels, heat exchangers and process equipment
- Thermal transient analysis of equipment
- Seismic and structural analysis of skids and related equipment
- Instability analysis of support structures
- Vibration analysis of piping, steam generators, control valves, and other process equipment
- Design and analysis of components to ASME B&PV Code – including B16 and B31
- Analysis of structures to API, AWS and AISC Code
O’Donnell Consulting Engineers performed the design and analysis of elevated temperature / pressure vessels. One particular vessel had to operate under a no-leak condition. The challenge was to attach the hemispherical head to the shell without causing distortions, because of temperature differences. We thus designed a series of clamps to seal the two peices together.
To see more of the projects we have worked on, see Portfolio. To see resume summaries of our engineers, see Our Team.
Not only do we design and analyze structures to ASME Boiler & Pressure Vessel (B& PV) Code, we also perform investigations to ensure that structures are compliant to AWS, ANSI, API and other engineering codes. For a more comprehensive list of structures that we have analyzed, see Components.
Call or Submit a Query to talk about your technical issues.
by Dr. William O’Donnell, PhD, PE : Founder and President of O’Donnell Consulting Engineers, Inc.
Learn from the experience of others. Especially when one such “other” is Dr. William O’Donnell, PhD, PE, Founder and President of O’Donnell Consulting Engineers, Inc., and ASME “Engineer of the Year” - his 50 years of experience in analysis of components including fatigue and fracture safety evaluations and failure analyses are now comprised in this volume. If you are interested in the fields of Engineering Design, Manufacturing and Construction, as well as Failure Analysis, then this book is a must have!