We perform design and structural analysis including thermal, stress, vibration and fatigue analysis. Our work has included:
- Design of pressure vessels, heat exchangers and process equipment
- Thermal transient analysis of equipment
- Seismic and structural analysis of skids and related equipment
- Instability analysis of support structures
- Vibration analysis of piping, steam generators, control valves, and other process equipment
- Design and analysis of components to ASME B&PV Code – including B16 and B31
- Analysis of structures other Codes including API, AISC and AWS
To see more of the projects we have worked on, see Portfolio.
Our expertise includes equipment operating in vibration and elevated temperature environments. We have taken on challenges in a spectrum of industries including energy, aerospace, mining, transportation, materials handling, and manufacturing.
To see resume summaries of our engineers, see Our Team.
Not only do we design and analyze structures to ASME Boiler & Pressure Vessel (B& PV) Code, we also perform investigations to ensure that structures are compliant to AWS, ANSI, API and other engineering codes. For a more comprehensive list of structures that we have analyzed, see Components. For a short listing of books, databases, and other engineering resources, see our Links page.
by Dr. William O’Donnell, PhD, PE : Founder and President of O’Donnell Consulting Engineers, Inc.
Learn from the experience of others. Especially when one such “other” is Dr. William O’Donnell, PhD, PE, Founder and President of O’Donnell Consulting Engineers, Inc., and ASME “Engineer of the Year” - his 50 years of experience in analysis of components including fatigue and fracture safety evaluations and failure analyses are now comprised in this volume. If you are interested in the fields of Engineering Design, Manufacturing and Construction, as well as Failure Analysis, then this book is a must have!